RCM 14/14mm Superstud Cylinder Head Stud Kit
RCM 14/14mm Superstud Cylinder Head Stud Kit
- Fitment Details
The latest evolution of our proven and hugely successful 14/14mm RCM Head Stud Kit designed for the ultimate in engine performance and reliability! Introducing the new RCM 14mm Superstud Head Stud Kit.
Our engineers have taken the ultimate EJ series head stud solution to the next level by incorporating some new features into the RCM 14mm Superstud kit to improve performance and ease of installation for your EJ engine.
• Larger 9/16" size stud (still compatible with RCM Head Gaskets)
• Supplied with x12 ARP 9/16" 8740 Chromoly 12pt nut
• Supplied with x12 ARP 9/16" 8740 Chromoly washer
• Incorporating 6mm hex in stud end for super easy install
It is essential engines modified to 500+bhp have the most reliable system for clamping the cylinder heads onto the block assembly to avoid the heads lifting under load at high levels of boost pressure. The RCM 14mm Superstud Head Stud kit provides this peace of mind!
Now used in many of the fastest and most powerful Imprezas across the globe the RCM 14mm Superstud Head Stud Kit is quite simply the foundation on which all our high bhp engine conversions (including Gobstopper and Gobstopper 2) race engines are built around. Replacing the conventional 11mm Subaru cylinder head bolts with a series of 14mm precisely manufactured super high tensile, aircraft grade S99 steel stud and nut system offers many advantages when building your engine. With a tensile strength much higher than that of the OE bolts and the increased stability provided by the RCM studs larger diameter when further combined with the more uniform clamping force provided by the stud and nut arrangement it is clear why so many championship winning engines run these kits!
All kits are supplied with RCM's own assembly lube, which utilizes Graphite DJ technology, ensuring you are able to install to the correct torque figures accurately.
# technical specification
• Cylinder head studs manufactured using "Aircraft Grade S99 High Tensile Steel" to WRC specification.
• Precision rolled threads.
• Cylinder head stud thread pitch (Block End): M14X2.
• Cylinder head stud thread pitch (Cylinder Head end): 9/16 - 18 UNF.
• Cylinder head stud length: 197mm.
• Supplied in the kit are:
• x12 RCM 14mm head studs.
• x12 ARP 9/16" 8740 Chromoly 12pt nut
• x12 ARP 9/16" 8740 Chromoly washer
• 1x Sachet of assembly lube and fitting guide for a comprehensive install.
• To allow fitting of the RCM 14/14mm Head stud kit your engine block must be re engineered to accept the larger studs used in this kit. RCM can carry this work out for you at additional cost (see part number RCM237 or contact us for more details).
• Due to the increased diameter of the cylinder head stud machining is required to the cylinder heads. The original head bolt passages must be drilled out to a larger diameter in order for the 14mm stud to pass through. RCM can carry out this process for you if required (see part number RCM603 or contact us for more details).
• Non RCM manufactured head gaskets used alongside this kit will require slight modification using our tapered reamer tool (See part number RCM910).
• 4x RCM658 modified head location dowels are required when using this kit (Sold separately).
# key features
• Huge increase in tensile strength and yield when compared with the OE head bolts.
• Massively increased clamping load for big bhp applications.
• Eliminates cylinder head lift at high levels of boost.
• Supplied with ARP high tensile nuts, washers, RCM assembly lube and installation guide.
• As used in RCM Gobstopper I + II Time Attack race cars.
• Made in the UK from high tensile aircraft grade S99 steel to WRC spec.
• Precision rolled threads for maximum strength.
Suitable for all EJ20/22/25 series block cases.
If you are unsure of fitment then please check your engine code or contact our sales department.
- 1994 Subaru STI GC8
- 1994 Subaru WRX GC8/GF8
- 1995 Subaru STI GC8
- 1995 Subaru WRX GC8/GF8
- 1996 Subaru STI GC8
- 1996 Subaru WRX GC8/GF8
- 1997 Subaru STI GC8
- 1997 Subaru WRX GC8/GF8
- 1998 Subaru STI GC8
- 1998 Subaru WRX GC8/GF8
- 1999 Subaru Forester SF
- 1999 Subaru STI GC8
- 1999 Subaru WRX GC8/GF8
- 2000 Subaru Forester SF
- 2000 Subaru STI GC8
- 2000 Subaru WRX GC8/GF8
- 2001 Subaru Forester SF
- 2001 Subaru STI GDB
- 2001 Subaru WRX GDA/GGA
- 2002 Subaru Forester SF
- 2002 Subaru STI GDB
- 2002 Subaru WRX GDA/GGA
- 2003 Subaru Forester SG XT (Turbo)
- 2003 Subaru STI GDB
- 2003 Subaru WRX GDA/GGA
- 2004 Subaru Forester SG XT (Turbo)
- 2004 Subaru Liberty BL/BP (Turbo)
- 2004 Subaru STI GDB
- 2004 Subaru WRX GDA/GGA
- 2005 Subaru Forester SG XT (Turbo)
- 2005 Subaru Liberty BL/BP (Turbo)
- 2005 Subaru STI GDB
- 2005 Subaru WRX GDA/GGA
- 2006 Subaru Forester SG XT (Turbo)
- 2006 Subaru Liberty BL/BP (Turbo)
- 2006 Subaru STI GDB
- 2006 Subaru WRX GDA/GGA
- 2007 Subaru Forester SG XT (Turbo)
- 2007 Subaru Liberty BL/BP (Turbo)
- 2007 Subaru STI GDB
- 2007 Subaru WRX GDA/GGA
- 2008 Subaru Forester SG XT (Turbo)
- 2008 Subaru Liberty BL/BP (Turbo)
- 2008 Subaru STI GRF
- 2008 Subaru WRX GEE/GHE
- 2009 Subaru Forester SH XT (Turbo)
- 2009 Subaru Liberty BL/BP (Turbo)
- 2009 Subaru STI GRF
- 2009 Subaru WRX GEE/GHE
- 2010 Subaru Forester SH XT (Turbo)
- 2010 Subaru STI GRF
- 2010 Subaru WRX GEE/GHE
- 2011 Subaru Forester SH XT (Turbo)
- 2011 Subaru STI GVF/GRF
- 2011 Subaru WRX GVE/GRE
- 2012 Subaru Forester SH XT (Turbo)
- 2012 Subaru STI GVF/GRF
- 2012 Subaru WRX GVE/GRE
- 2013 Subaru Forester SH XT (Turbo)
- 2013 Subaru STI GVF/GRF
- 2013 Subaru WRX GVE/GRE
- 2014 Subaru STI GVF/GRF
- 2014 Subaru WRX GVE/GRE
- 2015 Subaru STI VAB
- 2016 Subaru STI VAB
- 2017 Subaru STI VAB
- We offer Local Delivery and Pickup
- Secure payments
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way